Software Updates for March 2017
ERA Environmental is committed to providing your business with EH&S software that lasts a lifetime. Our team of researchers and scientists work every day to roll out upgrades, new reports, and improvements. Every month we'll publish a summary of these new features here for you. Have any questions about these updates? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Improvement: enhanced calculation for waste collected from multiple departments now implemented. This improvement mainly applies to facilities which collect waste from multiple Paint/Purge processes in different departments all together. The new capability allows them to distribute the total waste to each department and contributing process based on Usage Ratio and a maximum solvent recovery percentage.
- Interface Addition: The ability to add Boiler Groups to the Fuels Edit option, as well as the ability for "Add to Archive" windows to assign a single HHV to multiple boilers in one entry
Finishing / Coating
- Interface Addition: New options have been added for importing usage and distributing based on production records. New options added simplify the procedure and reduce tracking requirements for production.
- Interface Addition: Additional protections have been added for cost centers to prevent duplicate sources or groups from being added to a cost center setup.
- New Addition: When setting up training, the days before completion (DAC) and the days after completion(DAC) fields will allow a user to set when a training can be completed. This feature can either issue a warning or not in allowing a training to be completed if the completion date is outside of the range set by the DAC and DBC.
- Additional info: The goal is to provide better guidance for the scheduling of training - so that there's a gap before and after the carrying out of the training. An additional reason is in order to better guide clients as regards OSHA regulations, which indicate a need for PPE training every year. This prevents the delivery of training at too early a date.
- New Addition: Originally, when importing training events into the system, a typo in the subject name would be permitted, potentially leading to the creation of a new subject with an incorrect name. Now, when importing, the user will be warned of the creation of a new subject. Additional info: the software will show the user on the error table that "subject x" is about to be created and it does it for multiple courses at the same time.
BPM / PSM
- New Addition: A "Loading" GIF was added and appears every time the "ADD NEW" button is clicked.
- New Addition: "Edit" shows in the process bar at all times.
- New Addition: Exist point from a Dynamic List is now available. Based on the answer picked on a Dynamic List, the process will continue to a step specified as the exit point of the Dynamic List. For instance, if the answer is a simple yes or no on the Dynamic List, yes will point to A and no will point to B.
- New Addition: When a user attaches a document via any module other than the document management module, the document will now include some reference of where the document came from.
- Processing Change: New improvements added, designed to better include processing from the water module.
- Interface Change: Both water and waste are now displayed in the main NPRI summary grid as well as "Details by Product" for each chemical.
Regulatory Updates for March 2017
Canada - Federal
Domestic Substances List (DSL)
The Domestic Substance List has been amended by adding the following chemicals
- Methanol, potassium salt (1:1) - (CAS:865-33-8 N)
- Butanedioic acid, polymer with 1,4-butanediol - (CAS:25777-14-4 N-P)
- 2,4,8,10-Tetraoxa-3,9-diphosphaspiro[5.5]undecane, 3,9-bis[2,6-bis(1,1-dimethylethyl)-4-methylphenoxy] - (CAS: 80693-00-1 N)
- Formic acid, compd. with aziridine homopolymer - (CAS:105689-91-6 N)
- 1,4-Cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid, polymer with 2,2-dimethyl-1,3-propanediol, 2,5-furandione and 1,2-propanediol - (CAS:145417-47-6 N-P)
- Urethane prepolymer - (CAS:150409-28-2 N)
- 2-Propenoic acid, polymer with ethene and ethenyl acetate, C18-22-alkyl esters - (CAS:1440950-37-7 N-P)
- C12-20, 1,2,2,6,6-pentamethyl-4- piperidinyl esters - (CAS:1357160-95-2 N-S)
Non-Domestic Substances List (NDSL)
The Non Domestic Substance List has been amended by removing the following chemicals:
- Methanol, potassium salt (1:1) - (CAS:865-33-8)
- Butanedioic acid, polymer with 1,4-butanediol - (CAS:25777-14-4)
- 2,4,8,10-Tetraoxa-3,9-diphosphaspiro[5.5]undecane, 3,9-bis[2,6-bis(1,1-dimethylethyl)-4-methylphenoxy] - (CAS:80693-00-1)
- 1,4-Cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid, polymer with 2,2-dimethyl-1,3-propanediol, 2,5-furandione and 1,2-propanediol - (CAS:145417-47-6)
Your ERA-EMS and reporting functions have already been updated to reflect these changes.